Friday, May 18, 2007

Isn't life grand/weird?

I don't know why, but I've been thinking about life lately (like the last few days, even more so this morning), it might have something to do with the fact that we had to put down my little sister's hampster, which is pretty sad.

So yeah, I needed to write all this down some where, but I lost the key to my diary, and I want to share my thoughts, maybe get other people thinking so I thought I'd post this in my blog.

It's kind of funny, and weird, really, the way life is. It can really suck one minute, then you turn around and everything couldn't be better. I've personally been on that up and down roller coster since I turned thirteen, and I'm just now trying to get it under control, not that I'll actually be able to do that.

Last week I didn't see any of my friends at all, I was stuck home by myself all week while my sister went out and played with all her friends, then this week, my usual friends that I hang out with showed up at our usually meeting place, and the next day I went off with a different group of friends, who I like slightly less, but still. I was so depressed last week, I couldn't stand it, but this weeks been great for me (how's that for a roller coster ride).

How many people really live life like every moment is all there is? I probably don't myself, buty imagine the way the world would be if everyone went after what they wanted most in the world, and never looked back. I'm not saying everyone should just drop what they're doing and go do something crazy, but maybe you should see if you can write that book you want to, or paint that picture, or sing that song (I'm just giving lame examples).

I'm trying my hardest to chase down my own dream, maybe not hard enough, but it's on my mind almost all the time, and I'm usually working on it, wether it looks like it or not.

I know everyone's done something they wished they hadn't, but regrets don't really help now do they? It's not easy to forget about them, but maybe people (including myself) shouldn't be so hard on themselves. I've made pelnty of stupid mistakes, but what's the use of beating myself over the head for it?

Err... I hope I'm still on topic. Anyway, there are a lot of things I want out of life, not sure when I'll get them, but if I keep a positive look on life, maybe I'll get them faster. *sigh* Man, aren't they tons of things everyone wants out of life...

Not sure if this will make anyone think, or if anyone will agree with me, but that's what I think.

By the way, a really good series for this kind of thing is Fruits Basket. It's totally amazing the way the main character is about life. Watch that series, and you'll find yourself smiling for hours on end for no reason (if you're like me anyway).

That's it from me, peace out!

1 comment:

A Deranged Young Person said...

Yay, a blog update! I haven't checked out Fruits Basket yet, but I'm going to one of these days (by the time I finish Last Exile, Emma, and Excel Saga maybe). Sorry to hear about the hamster though. :(

Life is generally random.. emotion wise and event wise. Just like Gump said:

"My momma always said life is like a box of chocolates, cause you never know what you're gonna get."