Friday, May 11, 2007

First post

Well, I've never really posted on a blog before, so I wanna make this as interesting as possible, and I suppose I should pick a topic. How about everyday life? Yeah, sure, everyone can relate to that.

Cell phones, what is up with them? I know six-year-olds in my karate class who have cell phone, while I'm a teenager (I will keep my age private, thank you) and I have to borrow my parents cell phones, which they hardly use (and I hardly use). Cell phones are a great part of modern life, but it's like if you don't have one, you're automaticly not cool, and "you should go get one 'cause everyone has one".

Everyone does not have one, and I count as part of everyone right? Cell phones: love 'em, but they're over rated. People use them as a social status indecator inside of using it for what's for, comunication. And even then people tend abuse that.

I have friends who with be standing five feet away from their parents, and call them on their cell phone to ask if they can go for take out. Or the case where people are standing next to each other and texting each other. I just don't get that, but what do I know?

Okay, now, the internet, where would we be without it? I don't wanna know, I love computers and everything that you can do with them. Pretty much everyone has a computer, and they are very useful, for gaming and stuff like that, as well as important parts of life, such as careers and the everyday social networking from e-mail.

I love my anime forums, fan sites, graphic sites, AMVs, and so on. The first time I watched Fullmetal Alchemist, I watched to whole series on youtube (one of my favorite sites), as well found what have before my favorite songs. Internet: Gotta love it, love it, love it!

Uh, TV, seen of a lot of good stuff on the Discovery Channel (Mythbusters rule), Science Channel (space week is the best), Nat Geo, History Channel, so on and so on. (Yeah, lable me a nerd, I don't care.) Adult Swim is a great place from some funny as hell stuff, and some great anime(most of it is just plain gross if you as me though).

Some of the classic channels (Nicklodeon, Disney Channel, Cartoon Network), have been real disapointments lately. What's with the new stuff they call "cartoons"? The animation is really bad, the voices are generally sucky, and don't even get me started about the lame plots, villains, story lines, and all that. Childern are actually watching this crap?! What the heck is happening here? I didn't even watch cartoons for most of my childhood, I had things call books. I'm not even gonna talk about Spongebob, I can't stand that show.

TV: Some good, some bad, mostly anime is good, as well as some old cartoons.

I think that's enough for now. Sorry for the rambling, just sharing my views. Comment please!

1 comment:

A Deranged Young Person said...

:) Yay! First blog entries are always fun. xDD And I totally agree about the recent quality of cartoons. I've never really understood the appeal of Spongebob Squarepants.

Hoping to see some new entries in the near future.